We’re on ITV’s BBQ Champ tonight! Plus: new products including tutti frutti ice cream spoons, an Edinburgh festival banning polystyrene, and our new Bristol office…
1. Vegware palm on ITV’s BBQ Champ tonight!
Love BBQs? So do we. And ITV’s BBQ Champ is using our 14in palm platters on their show tonight at 9pm – presented by Myleene Klass, and judged by Man vs Food star Adam Richman and British chef and restaurateur Mark Blatchford. Check it out and tweet @vegware with your thoughts! Here’s a food shoot we had in celebration of the job of BBQing 🙂
2. More new products!
Fancy playing with some free samples of this lovely new stuff, or anything else? Email firstname.lastname@example.org – it’s the best way to test out how your food works in our packaging. And we love to see your pics tweeted to @vegware 🙂
- Tutti frutti spoons – 3in eco spoons, now in glorious technicolour! Meet them on film! A random mix of: red and yellow and pink and green, orange and baby blue. A compostable rainbow, made of plant-based PLA – for 79% less carbon than plastic.
- New 4.5in teaspoons – cute practical teaspoons to replace our 4in teaspoons. Made of RCPLA, our 100% recycled plant-based material which goes up to 85ºC, has 90% less carbon than plastic and is completely compostable.
- Gourmet range – the market’s first compostable spill-proof window box for food to go. Pop your hot or cold food in the microwaveable bagasse base, and seal it in with our card window lid. Our gourmet range (multiple award-winner, star of its own film) is now available in 3 sizes. Check out these new additions:
- Sandwich platter range revamp – new and improved – check out some pics! Now in two sizes, both laminated on the inside for freshness, and with a subtle eco message printed on the side. Divide up your food with all sorts of mix and match inserts – half, quarter and eighth. Have fun tessellating!
- Special Rugby cup – now available to order – don’t miss out! It’s a great eye-catching design, it’s made in the British Isles, it’s low carbon, and it’s completely compostable.
3. Edinburgh Mela – zero polystyrene, zero waste
Edinburgh Mela is Scotland’s largest festival of world music and dance, held this year on 29th and 30th August. Three years ago, they banned polystyrene and went completely compostable – and our Food Waste Network has been helping them on their journey to zero waste. Watch our short case study film – www.vimeo.com/edinburghmela!
4. New Brizzle office – gurt lush
We have a new office in Bristol! Although our global HQ is in Edinburgh, our sales team are busy all over the UK. Our new Bristol office is a handy base for our team in the South – here’s some sunny pics of our opening celebrations!
5. Community Fund – relaunch party 26th August
Since 2009, the Vegware Community Fund has been supporting non-profit sustainability projects in the UK and around the world. You may have seen our blog updates showing what our supported projects are getting up to.
We have decided to celebrate the Community Fund and relaunch it with a fun outdoors event in Edinburgh on 26th August. Here’s more info – and you can contact Community.Fund@vegware.co.uk if you’d like to join us or want to find out how to apply for our support.
That’s it for today!
As always, say hello to @vegware on twitter or look at the pretty pictures on facebook. Or if you actually want to talk about compostable packaging, we like that too. We’re on email@example.com or ring 0330 223 0400.
Lucy and the Vegware team
+44 (0)330 223 0400
Canalside House, 43-45 Polwarth Crescent, Edinburgh EH11 1HS, UK.
Vegware is the only completely compostable packaging company operating globally.