Our CEO is interviewed in today’s Guardian. If you’re finding us for the first time, well hello. Here’s a bit more background info.
- We make plant-based foodservice disposables from lower carbon, renewable or recycled materials.
- Even with a major shift to reusables, some disposables will be needed. Our entire range is commercially compostable, and we have a dedicated Environmental team who help clients set up composting schemes. Here’s our composting FAQ.
Our business story
- We are an Edinburgh-based exporting SME whose sales have grown 53% in one year, to £30.7M in 2018/19 from £20M last year (and from £6.9M turnover in 2013/14). We have experienced exceptional growth during 2018 due to 2018’s huge public demand for alternatives to conventional plastics.
- Export has grown a third for us this last year, now accounting for a third of our sales. We sell to 70 countries worldwide.
- This last year, our team has grown from 51 to 75 (in staff numbers, not in age…)!
- Our board has an unusual gender balance – our CEO is the only male, with five female Directors.