WE'RE B CORP™
Vegware’s B Corp certification underscores our dedication to creating value beyond profit, emphasising our commitment to corporate social responsibility and ethical business conduct. By becoming a B Corp certified company, We reinforce our position as a leader in responsible business practices, driving positive change in the industry and beyond.
The certification is a testament to Vegware’s dedication to fostering positive change. By meeting rigorous social and environmental performance standards, we have joined a global community of businesses that prioritises environment, people, community and also purpose.
- 1. Where do the standards for B Corp Certification come from?
- B Lab recognises that high-quality social and environmental business standards demand continuous improvement in order to meet principles of inclusion, independence, and credibility. Their standards are therefore independently governed by B Lab’s Standards Advisory Council and Board of Directors. They also seek input from external stakeholders and various Working and Advisory Groups. Standards are updated and improved on a regular basis with all standards development projects informed by research and multi-stakeholder input.
- 2. What information do Certified B Corps have to make transparent?
- All Certified B Corps share their B Impact Assessment overall scores and category scores on their public profiles on B Lab Global’s website. Public companies and their subsidiaries have extra transparency requirements and make their entire B Impact Assessment public, with particularly sensitive information like revenue redacted. Companies that have material items on their Disclosure Questionnaire may also be required to make that disclosure transparent as well.
- 3. What topics are covered in the B Impact Assessment?
- The B Impact Assessment examines a company's impact on their workers, community, environment, and customers. The B Impact Assessment also asks questions about a company's governance structure and accountability. Questions are split into two categories: Operations, which covers a company's day-to-day activities, and Impact Business Models, which awards additional points for business models designed to create additional positive impact. The B Impact Assessment is updated every three years.
- 4. Who certifies B Corps?
- The development of the standards for B Corp Certification are overseen by B Lab's independent Standards Advisory Council. Once an application is submitted for the B Impact Assessment, the first step towards achieving B Corp Certification, Standards Analysts evaluate answers to the entire assessment to ensure the minimum score of 80 points is achieved and that any supporting documentation is provided to verify company claims.