Vegware Environmental Policy
This document has been prepared to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and Company standards. It must not be reproduced in whole, or in part, or released to a second or third party, without the express written consent from the Authoriser.
Vegware Ltd designs and develops compostable foodservice packaging which is then sold into global customer base. In addition, Vegware offers a waste management consultancy service and facilitates clients sending co-mingled food waste and packaging for organics recycling through a direct service, Close the Loop, as well as through a network of partners.
The Environmental Management System for our UK operations is being developed in accordance with ISO14001:2015 to ensure we can effectively manage our key environmental impacts at our Edinburgh operation.
As a responsible company we will:
- Comply with environmental legislation and other relevant requirements through monitoring and audits.
- Take actions to prevent pollution to land, water and air.
- Consistently seek to increase the awareness of all our employees to conserve resources.
- Implement a programme of training and appropriately assign responsibility across our team
- Monitor our progress against the objectives and review corrective/preventative action reports
- Ensure that adequate resources are available to for our team to meet our legal obligations and policy objectives.
- Commit to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution.
- Commit to the continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
- Achieve and maintain a high recycling rate (>80%) at our offices at 39 & 41 Melville Street.
- To reduce overall energy usage and consumption at our offices at 39 & 41 Melville Street.
- Establish a carbon baseline in order to plan our carbon reduction strategy for 2021.
- Increase the percentage of UK postcodes with access to trade Vegware collections to 50%.
Date of issue: 30/01/2020
Valid until: 30/01/2021
Issued by: Joe Frankel
Job title: CEO