Vegware Environmental Policy
Vegware Ltd designs and develops compostable foodservice packaging which is
then sold into a global customer base. In addition, Vegware offers a waste
management consultancy service and facilitates clients sending co-mingled
food waste and packaging for organics recycling through a direct service,
Close the Loop, as well as through a network of partners.
The Environmental Management System for our UK operations is being developed in accordance with ISO14001:2015 to ensure we can effectively manage our key environmental impacts at our Edinburgh operation.
As a responsible company we will:
- Comply with environmental legislation and other relevant requirements through monitoring and audits.
- Commit to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution.
- Take actions to prevent pollution to land, water, and air.
- Consistently seek to increase the awareness of all our employees to conserve resources.
- Implement a programme of training and appropriately assign responsibility across our team.
- Monitor our progress against the objectives and review corrective/preventative action reports.
- Ensure that adequate resources are available for our team to meet our legal obligations and policy objectives.
- Commit to continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.